This workshop is for you if any of these feel true:
- You have a child who gets dysregulated (upset, angry, reactive) easily and quickly and whose escalations last long time
- You have a child where typical "name the feeling" strategies not only don't help but can make things worse ("Stop it!")
- Your child struggles to take in help when he most needs it - in fact, in times of struggle, your child tends to push away your efforts to connect or offer support
- You are looking for more strategies to help your child learn regulation skills
- You have used words like "dramatic" or "drama queen" or "overly sensitive" or "disproportionate" with your child and want a more positive and effective way forward
- You are looking to reconnect to a child who can often "dig himself in a hole"
In this workshop, Dr. Becky discusses:
- What the characterization "Deeply Feeling Kids" means
- Why these kids get so dysregulated
- Why these kids go 0-60 so quickly
- Why popular parenting strategies don't help - and often make things worse
- Strategies for managing and reducing meltdowns
- Strategies for building regulation
- What these kids need more than anything else
- How to maintain self-care while parenting Deep Feelers
This 75-minute workshop includes 60 minutes of teaching and a 15-minute Q&A.
To be clear, purchasing a workshop does not initiate any type of therapeutic relationship with Dr. Becky. This one-time coaching workshop is not therapy and does not replace therapy.
Preview - Deeply Feeling KidsFREE PREVIEW
Outline - Deeply Feeling Kids
Workshop - Deeply Feeling Kids